Sunday, June 12, 2011

To Madison

Today I was looking through some old pictures I had with my family when I was in high school. I found a ton of pictures of my "mini me" and I. It really made me miss her a lot. Of course, I decided to share it with you.

I have a niece named Madison, she is my little twin. She is just the sweetest little girl. Madi is my bestest friend ever! I love listening to her stories, visiting her, and talking to her late into the night (when we're supposed to be sleeping) I can remember when she was just a little gal, that's when Madison and I became the best of friends!
A few years ago I was able to spend the summer in Texas with my sister Stephani. It was so much fun!  I was able to hang out with John (4 at the time) and Madi (2) for 6 whole weeks! I spent the summer singing songs, playing the heffulump in Winnie the Pooh, playing at the beach with them, and watching Mulan over and over and over again. I grew so close to the two of them and they have such a special place in my heart. 
I love ALL of my nieces and nephews, they are seriously the best! How lucky am I?
Every summer I have been able to spend a few weeks with them. This summer they are moving to Michigan so I won't be able to visit them. Although it makes me sad that I won't be able to see them this summer, I am so excited for them to move to their new home! 

Now, back to business. Madison and I are pen pals. I have not been a very good pen pal lately and I feel bad about it. So here is Madison's special letter.


Dear Madi,
We decided to write you a special post on our blog, we are pen pals after all:) I hope you are having so much fun! When do you move? Are you excited for the twins to come? I am! Do you get your own room when you get to your new house? I am so excited for you to get baptized! It's coming up so soon. I am going to try so so so hard to come for it, but if I can't then I will come shortly after to visit you, John, Emma, and James:) Are you doing anything fun this summer before you move? I heard you get to fly up with your mom! You are so lucky (I would much rather fly than drive too) I miss you so much Madison! I hope you have the best week ever! Colton wants to write something now:)


Hey Madi!
I am so excited that you are getting baptized so soon!  You are going to love the feeling that you get!  I hope you are having a lot of fun this summer, and that we will get to see you really soon.  Samantha always tells me so many fun stories about your adventures with her.  She misses you tons and we both do!  So come and see us a lot when you're famous okay :)  We love all you guys!
Love,
Samansa and Colton


These are my Flower Girls. I love Madi's face in this picture:) 


...

Week 1 of training: Complete.

Bring on week 2!!! 


1 comment:

  1. Dear Sam and Colton,
    I really like the blog a lot. I haven't been a good pen pal either. I really, really, really miss you. I have a cold. Can we be letter and email pals? I'll write you a letter as soon as possible. We have been packing all day today.
    Love-
    Madi

    ReplyDelete